September 10, 2007

Since I'm one of those people who likes to weigh myself every day, I pretty much know what I weigh all the time and I definitely know how tall I am!! Unless, of course I have a Doctor appointment!

I recently had several appointments in different departments at Mayo Clinic. Within 1/2 hour and two separate floors, I lost 3 inches in height and weighed 7 lbs less than I did at the previous appointment. I told the nurse that I know I'm not 5'7" tall - I've always been 5"10". She said we tend to shrink as we age. (I told her 3" in that short of a time really is quite a bit of shrinkage!!) Then she said that it doesn't really matter anyway!

I guess it all evened out, though, because I moved on to another appointment and gained back 4 of the pounds and measured my normal height again!

I just don't get the point in measuring and weighing if it's not somewhat consistent and it "doesn't really matter"?! Next time I'm just going to just whip out my drivers license and say "Use this - it's accurate!"

3 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hee-hee... I think I'm goin' to start weighin' myself like that gal in the cartoon!!
~Karin

Lana Manis said...

I'll take a 7 pound loss, lol!

Nancy, hope you're doing well ~

Take Care & God Bless,
Lana

Lana Manis said...

ummmm, now that I think about it, I'll take the 5'7" too! I'm only 5'3" if I stretch.......