December 13, 2010

Button, button, who's got the button?!

 One of my favorite things to do is dig through the button jars at the antique store, which I did today. I love ones with rhinestones and all of the pretty colors they come in, but there is just something about the old metal buttons that always catch my eye! How can you not like those sweet little ones with the Victorian girls in their hats, or the pretty floral embossed beauties? Some are mirrored, and others have a great patina because of their age. Most of them are in sets of at least three or more, so my creative juices are really flowing after finding these!

3 comments:

Len said...

Those are wonderful buttons.

Tristan Robin said...

marvelous collection!

I collect old buttons for my art work - but nothing as lavish as yours!

Lululiz said...

The buttons are so beautiful. I can't remember the last time I came across gorgeous buttons like that, buttons have become rarities, it seems.