July 26, 2011

Tools of the trade

 Like a lot of artists, I'm always on the look-out for new products to use in my work. I recently discovered some from Sculpey that are just so awesome, and I'm not sure how I ever got along without them.
 First, is the "Work 'n Bake" clay mat - I love this thing! It's a non-skid silicone mat that not only protects the surface you're working on, but you can pop the whole mat in the oven and bake the clay right on it.  I use the acrylic clay roller when working on the mat - it makes clay smooth as glass, and perfectly even-(great for perfectionists like me!)
Then, there is Sculpey "Bake & Bond" ~ it's a bakeable adhesive that attaches raw clay to paper, wood or canvas-so cool!  Check out these products: HERE
~Now, I'm off to play with my clay!~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for the tips, Nancy! I'm so new at all this every little bit helps!! And I'd rather hear it from the artist than from the advertisement folk, you know?